[ASC-list] Sydney event: Club Cosmos - Synthetic Biology in the Pub

Wilson da Silva wfdasilva at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 10:05:36 UTC 2011

 [image: ClubCosmos_Logo_XLR.jpg]

 *Synthetic Biology in the Pub*

Club Cosmos is back, and this time we're tackling the topic of "Synthetic
biology". Join us for a drink as we discuss Synthetic biology  -  beyond the
hype: what it is, and what ethical and legal issues may arise from it.

   Monday 4 April 2011
   7pm - 9pm
   Forresters Hotel
   Level 1 Bar, 336 Riley Street (corner with Foveaux St)
   Surry Hills - Map reference: http://is.gd/SfmQQf

Our panel of experts include:

*  Desmond Lun*, associate professor in the Department of Computer Science
at Rutgers University in New Jersey, USA and former research fellow in
genetics at Harvard Medical School.

*  Claudia Vickers*, senior research fellow in the Systems and Synthetic
Biology Group at the University of Queensland.

*  Belinda Bennett*, professor of health and medical law at Sydney
University and member of the National Medical Board of Australia.

Hosted by COSMOS editor Wilson da Silva. And there's fabulous geek science
prizes to win!

We'd love to see you there!

****** Book your FREE tickets here - Places are limited ******
http://clubcosmos4-autohome.eventbrite.com/