[ASC-list] Promoting prizes related to communication of science

Ruth Carr Ruth.Carr at austmus.gov.au
Tue May 3 05:19:22 UTC 2011

Dear Jessie and ASC Members

You may be interested in how the Australian Museum Eureka Prizes shares some of the professional and personal stories of its alumni.

We have created Eureka Moments, an online celebration of the words, thoughts, feelings and insights of the Eureka Prize community.  As part of this program we have revisited some of our past winners.  To hear about the impact winning a Eureka Prize can have, check out the videos and stories at http://eureka.australianmuseum.net.au/about/eureka-moments

Each year in March the Director of the Australian Museum invites a Eureka Prize winner to deliver the Eureka Moments Address at the Australian Museum.  You can watch the impressive Professor Michael Good and the delightful Matilda-Jane Oke at http://eureka.australianmuseum.net.au/7E329270-3702-11DF-A1BD005056B06558

And finally, the Australian Museum is currently running the Eureka Moments Seminar Series featuring many of our past winners.  You can learn more about who is speaking and when at http://eureka.australianmuseum.net.au/news/eureka-moments-speaker-series

For further information about the Eureka Prizes including details of Prizes on offer, past winners and award dinner details go to www.australianmuseum.net.au/eureka

Don't forget entries for the 2011 program close midnight Friday 6 May.  If you need any help please contact us at eureka at austmus.gov.au or 02 9320 6483.

Sincerely

Ruth

Ruth Carr
Manager, Australian Museum Eureka Prizes

Australian Museum
6 College Street Sydney NSW 2010 Australia
t 61 2 9320 6230   f 61 2 9320 6074
www.australianmuseum.net.au
www.australianmuseum.net.au/eureka

Inspiring the exploration of nature and cultures