[ASC-list] Promoting prizes related to communication of science

Adam Selinger adam at madlab.org
Tue May 3 06:05:03 UTC 2011

I also agree with Emma. There was some discussion once that the Australian Science Communicators would look at funding some 'industry' awards which would serve as a first step to wider recognition of the work of science communicators.

Recognition by our peers - rewarding best practice, innovation, etc, would be a great first step. Wider recognition (Eureka's, PMSP, Descartes EU Award - the 'nobel' prize for science communication in Europe) would be excellent!

Adam

Adam Selinger | MadLab Australia
adam at madlab.org | 0417 690 423
www.madlab.org | childrensdiscovery.org.au