[ASC-list] Promoting prizes related to communication of science

Jenni Metcalfe jenni at econnect.com.au
Wed May 4 03:46:40 UTC 2011

And if what Bobbi says is true, which it is, (coz let's face it we're
not here for the $$$), shouldn't the same also apply to scientists,
journalists and science teachers who are also paid to do their job well!

I don't think just people who do extra voluntary work should be
rewarded, but rather those that demonstrate excellence in their practice
as a science communicator...

But yes, I do agree with Bobbi's other points and suggestions and we do
need to define what 'excellence' is in all the various practices of
science communication...

Jenni Metcalfe

Director, Econnect Communication

www.econnect.com.au

phone: 07 3846 7111; 0408 551 866

jenni at econnect.com.au

skype: jenni.metcalfe

subscribe to Econnect's free monthly e-newsletter:
http://www.econnect.com.au/news_newsletter.htm