[ASC-list] Promoting prizes related to communication of science

Nancy Longnecker nancy.longnecker at uwa.edu.au
Wed May 4 23:23:21 UTC 2011

Hello Bobby,

You are right. It is difficult to quantify excellence in such a diverse field. I have been on the judging panel for the WA Science Outreach award for five years. Many inspiring individuals and organisations have been nominated and their activities have been across the spectrum.

The judging criteria for this award have been improved considerably over that time. It may be worthwhile asking the WA Department of Commerce if they are willing to share the criteria that have been developed. No point in starting from scratch when considerable thought and effort has already been done.

Cheers, Nancy

Assoc Prof Nancy Longnecker

Coordinator, Science Communication Program
Faculty of Life and Physical Sciences, M011
The University of Western Australia
35 Stirling Highway
Crawley, WA   6009

ph: 61 8 6488 3926
email: nancy.longnecker at uwa.edu.au   NOTE: longneck at cyllene.uwa.edu.au is no longer a valid email address. Please delete it from your contact list.
www.communicatingscience.org
skype: nancylongnecker

There is no point explaining everything in the universe if no one is listening to you.    (UWA Sci Comm student)