[ASC-list] Reminder: ASCSA workshop on running science events Monday 9 may

Lisa Bailey LBailey at riaus.org.au
Fri May 6 01:03:03 UTC 2011

ASCSA workshop: Talkin' bout your science event<http://ascsaeventworkshop.eventbrite.com/>
Monday, May 09, 2011 at 6:00 PM - Monday, June 06, 2011 at 8:00 PM (GMT+0930)
Adelaide, South Australia
So you want to get people thinking and talking about science.   How to do it?  One way is through creating opportunities through public science events.  Perhaps you want to run an event as part of National Science Week.  But what to do?  A lecture?  Workshop?  Should it be free or can I charge?  How will you advertise it?  How do I get the media interested?  Will people come?  What do you do if they don't?  What do you mean I need extension cords and duct tape?
This workshop will try to answer all these questions and more with practical tips and advice on everything from finding a venue and getting the word out, to what to do when your speaker doesn't turn up and why you can never have enough extension cords (and duct tape).
Where: RiAus at the Science Exchange
When: Monday 9 May, 6-8pm
Cost: Free for ASC and RiAus members, $10 non-members (pay cash on the door)
Book at http://ascsaeventworkshop.eventbrite.com/