[ASC-list] NSW - Making the media work for you (CANCELLED)

Phil Dooley phil.dooley at sydney.edu.au
Wed May 11 07:39:08 UTC 2011

Hi All,

Tonight¹s meeting cancelled: Not enough people can make it at short
notice... But next time Ed is in town.

Phil

-----
Hi All in Sydney Area

Ed Sykes from the Australian Media Centre is in town, so I thought it
presented a great opportunity for ASC members to meet up for a casual chat
with Ed. Some of the subjects Ed is happy to discuss are:

- writing press releases
- How to deal with controversial issues²,
- Persuading your scientists to talk to journalists² or on,,
- running media briefings
- arranging media for conferences

Let¹s meet at 6.30 at the Clarendon Hotel (Upstairs). Please RSVP! To
p.dooley at physics.usyd.edu.au

Phil and the NSW committee

--
Dr Philip Dooley | Manager of Outreach Programs
School of Physics | Faculty of Science

THE UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
T +61 2 9351 3201  | F +61 2 9351 7726  | M +61 414 94 55 77
E Phil.Dooley at sydney.edu.au | W
http://sydney.edu.au/science/physics/schools_community
Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/School-of-Physics-University-of-Sydney/2482078
02670

CRICOS 00026A
This email plus any attachments to it are confidential. Any unauthorised use
is strictly prohibited. If you receive this email in error, please delete it
and any attachments.
Please think of our environment and only print this e-mail if necessary