[ASC-list] Positions vacant at the AusSMC

Lisa Bailey LBailey at riaus.org.au
Tue May 24 01:26:52 UTC 2011

>From the AusSMC (do not reply to me on this, just passing on)....

Feel free to forward the following information to relevant people.  Full job descriptions are available on our website at www.aussmc.org<http://www.aussmc.org>.  Applications close 31 May.

[cid:image001.jpg at 01CC1A01.49AA5190]
The Australian Science Media Centre (AusSMC) is a national, independent, non-profit service for the news media, giving journalists direct access to evidence-based science and expertise. We aim to better inform public debate on the major issues of the day by improving links between the media and the scientific community.  The Centre is based at The Science Exchange in Adelaide.
Fundraising and Administration Officer
Full time
1 year contract with possibility of extension
Salary: $50,000-60,000 plus 9% superannuation
The Fundraising and Administration Officer is a new role within the AusSMC team. We are looking for an enthusiastic and confident self-starter who can take our sponsorship strategy to the next level, come up with new and imaginative ways of increasing revenue and raising the profile of the AusSMC, plan and deliver a diverse range of events and ensure the smooth day-to-day running of our office and be on hand to support the Chief Executive Officer.
We are looking for someone with a proven track record of fundraising and/or securing new business who enjoys meeting new people and is not afraid to pro-actively approach potential sponsors or partners. Experience in general office administration would also be highly desirable.
Media Officer
Full time
1 year contract with possibility of extension
Salary: $40,000-$50,000 plus 9% superannuation
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the team. We are looking for a Media Officer with a passion for science and the media to help us make, break and react to some of the biggest science stories in the national news.  This is not a role for the faint-hearted - but if you can work with a calm head when things are busy and demanding then this is the job for you.
We are looking for someone with a science or journalism degree who would like to launch a career in science media, ideally with some experience in science communication. The position may require occasional out of normal business hours work and interstate travel.
For a full job description of each position, please visit our website at www.aussmc.org<http://www.aussmc.org>
Apply with a CV and covering letter to admin at aussmc.org<mailto:admin at aussmc.org> by 4pm, Tuesday 31 May 2011, specifying which job you are applying for.