[ASC-list] (WA) Chemfest - all ages event for International Year of Chemistry

Sarah Lau SLau at chemcentre.wa.gov.au
Tue Nov 1 07:25:44 UTC 2011

Hi everyone, this event may be of interest for anyone in Western
Australia. Feel free to forward, and see you there! Sarah

Come and ignite your curiosity about the wonderful world of chemistry at
Chemfest!

Saturday 12 November 2011

2.00-7.00pm
Curtin Stadium, Kent Street North Entrance, Bentley, WA

Bubbling beakers, explosive experiments and fantastic fireballs -
discover the incredible role chemistry has in our everyday life.

Brought to you by the WA Chemistry Consortium this event includes an
amazing array of shows, demonstrations, interactive activities that will
amaze the whole family.

Meet scientists from organisations around Western Australia and
experience the diversity of chemistry we encounter everyday.

Activities include:

* Interactive stalls

* The explosive 'Ignite your Curiosity' chemistry show

* Roaming chemistry demonstrations

* Talks from local chemists

* Chemistry art exhibition

Ample parking is available onsite. There is also a picnic area and
Rotary Club of East Perth will hold a sausage sizzle during the event.

See you there!

Sarah Lau [slau at chemcentre.wa.gov.au]

Media and Communications Coordinator

ChemCentre

Post: PO Box 1250, Bentley Delivery Centre WA 6983

Location: Cnr Manning Road and South Entrance of Curtin University,
BENTLEY WA 6102

T +61 8 9422 9823

F +61 8 9422 9801

M +61 414 507 739

www.chemcentre.wa.gov.au

Be environmentally responsible ... please don't print this email unless
you really need to.