[ASC-list] Free ANZAAS talk, Melbourne Wed 16th Nov, 6:30pm

David Vaux D.Vaux at latrobe.edu.au
Wed Nov 9 01:22:21 UTC 2011

Free ANZAAS talk, Melbourne Wednesday 16th November, 6:30pm

All welcome, no booking needed.  Bring your friends!
At: Gene Technology Access Centre, 1H Royal Parade, Parkville
Free drinks and pizza after the talk

Professor Paul Mulvaney
ARC Laureate Fellow and Federation Fellow in the School of Chemistry and Bio21 Institute, University of Melbourne, Co-director of the Centre for Nanoscience and Technology (CNST)

“Nanotechnology - The next 10 years”

The true impact of nanotechnology will be felt over the next ten years. Several groups at the University of Melbourne are contributing in key fields. In this talk I will discuss some of the areas of nanotechnology where the University may make a key contribution in the next decade. These fields include photovoltaics, LEDs, plasmonics, multimodal biolabelling and quantum biology.
GTAC is in the grounds of University High School, corner Royal Parade and Story Street, Parkville (enter off Story Street or Royal Parade)

We are pleased to acknowledge the support by GTAC, CSL and the Faculty of Science, University of Melbourne for the ANZAAS Melbourne science talks series

Further Info:         Peter Kemeny       0409 028 165                peter.kemeny at gmail.com<mailto:peter.kemeny at gmail.com>

http://www.anzaas.org.au/vic/