[ASC-list] ASC Conference: REMINDER - call for abstracts (you know you want to)

Lamberts Rod rod.lamberts at anu.edu.au
Wed Nov 23 21:14:29 UTC 2011

The Australian Science Communicators National Conference - Getting Science Where It's Needed - will be held at the Sydney Masonic Centre, Sydney, Australia from 27-  29 February 2012.

The abstract submission deadline for ASC2012 is Friday 2 December 2011. If you wish to submit an abstract for review by the research committee, head to http://2012conf.asc.asn.au/ and click on "Call for Papers".

First timers will have to create a new account and will be sent an email with their password for subsequent visits. Once you have created a new account, please click on New Paper (on the menu bar). On this page, type in the paper title, author details, biography and save details to take you to the next page where you can upload your abstract as a word document. Please refer to the Abstract Guidelines (on the menu bar) where you will find an Abstract template which can be used for your convenience.

We have a panel of reviewers standing by to give feedback on abstracts (2 reviewers will read each submission). A selection of the best 10 to 20 will be invited to submit short papers to an edited monograph to be produced after the conference.

There were more than 50 research papers presented at the last conference and we are hoping we can smash that record next year!

Also, even if your paper isn't selected for a full presentation, you will still be eligible to participate in a short session (3 minutes, 3 slides) so it's well worth having a go!

We look forward to meeting you at the Sydney Masonic Centre in 2012.

If you have any queries or need any assistance with your abstract submission, please do not hesitate to contact Sona Swindley on +61 2 9518 7722 or ASC2012 at wsm.com.au.

Cheers all,
Rod

Conference Convener

Dr RG Lamberts
Deputy Director

Australian National Centre for Public Awareness of Science (CPAS)
A Centre for the National Commission of UNESCO

Office G10
Physics Link Building (#38a)
College of Physical and Mathematical Sciences
The Australian National University
Canberra ACT 0200

P: +61 2 6125 0747
F: +61 2 6125 8991