[ASC-list] [ACT] Reminder: Tues event 'New media' followed by AGM - Pls send proxy vote if you cannot attend

Claire Harris claireharris.oz at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 11:22:23 UTC 2011

Reminder about the event on Tuesday 29th @ Discovery starting at 6pm
followed by our AGM.

We need a quorum (minimum number of votes) to have a committee next year so
please send a proxy vote via email if you cannot attend the meeting. We
will also need to fill the roles of president, treasurer and national
liaison (this can be a dual role with the pres or treas position).

Full event and AGM listing at:
http://www.asc.asn.au/blog/2011/11/04/act-new-media/

____________________________________

Join the Australian Science Communicators and CSIRO Discovery for this
event discussing the changing face of communication with four dynamic new
(and social) media experts.

>From Twitter to Facebook to YouTube to Government 2.0, this event will be
an interactive session covering successes, failures, insights and trends in
new media. Learn why it’s critical that communication professionals
understand new media opportunities and pitfalls and explore what the future
holds.

Our panel features:

   - CHRIS CASSELLA: Managing Director of ScienceAlert
   - DEREK MULLER: filmmaker, educator and founder of video blog Veritasium
   - WILL GRANT: from ANU and social media researcher
   - CRAIG THOMLER: government 2.0 advocate

Following our thought-provoking panel discussion we will run the ACT branch
AGM.

*When:* Tuesday 29 November

*Time:* 6pm start with drinks & nibbles, panel starts at 6:30pm. (AGM to
start at 8pm.)

*Where:* CSIRO Discovery Optus lecture theatre, Clunies Ross St, Black
Mountain, ACT (map and parking
info<http://www.csiro.au/resources/Discovery-Centre-Map.html>
)

*Cost:* free. Evening also features a lucky door prize for an ASC member
attending the AGM.

*RSVP and enquiries:* asccanberra AT gmail.com. Check out ACT ASC on
Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=298615056832676#!/pages/Australian-Science-Communicators-ASC-Canberra/223325102225>
and
feel free to ask questions to our panel here!
--
ASC Canberra Committee
Join ASC: http://www.asc.asn.au/join/