[ASC-list] looking for a science communicator with geology knowledge...

Lisa Bailey LBailey at riaus.org.au
Wed Nov 30 02:49:02 UTC 2011

Passing on a message please contact Johnny directly if you can help....

I'm working on a new, landmark geology series, which is being produced by Windfall Films for the Discovery Channel. The working title for the series is 'Strip The City' and it will feature CGI driven films that 'strip' back the buildings and infrastructure to reveal how the Earth's geology shapes our cities.

One of the films is due to feature Sydney and we want to highlight interesting geological features of the city and explore how they have affected (or are affecting) the city's evolution.

For the film we are looking for a good science communicator with a geology background (or at least someone who knows about the geological history of Sydney) to be our on camera expert. Ideally we would like someone who is dynamic and who can explain the science in layman's terms. We want to film them on an adventure around the Sydney Basin to unearth the secrets that will reveal the story of the city's origins.

Do you know of anyone who may fit the bill, and if so, would it be possible to put me in contact with them?

Many thanks for any help you can provide and if you have any questions then please don't hesitate to send them to me.

Kind regards,

Johnny

Johnny Shipley
Associate Producer