[ASC-list] The Debunking Handbook

Nancy Longnecker nancy.longnecker at uwa.edu.au
Wed Nov 30 03:33:26 UTC 2011

Yes, the Debunking Handbook provides a great summary of some of the psychological explanation of why science communicators recommend communicating the way we do. I plan to use it to provoke discussion with some of my university classes. (They may not know what to call it, but the deficit model is alive and well with young science students.)

You can also access the Debunking Handbook via this website which may be of interest to some of you:
http://www.shapingtomorrowsworld.org

Cheers, Nancy

Assoc Prof Nancy Longnecker

Coordinator, Science Communication Program
School of Animal Biology, M092
The University of Western Australia
35 Stirling Highway
Crawley, WA   6009

CRICOS Provider 0126G

ph: 61 8 6488 3926
email: nancy.longnecker at uwa.edu.au
www.communicatingscience.org
skype: nancylongnecker

There is no point explaining everything in the universe if no one is listening to you.    (UWA Sci Comm student)