[ASC-list] Writing Clear Science Workshops (Melbourne, Perth and Brisbane)

Marina Hurley info at writingclearscience.com.au
Wed Oct 5 08:44:59 UTC 2011

===

Writing Clear Science Workshops (Melbourne, Perth & Brisbane)

Our next Writing Clear Science open workshops are being offered in
Melbourne, Perth and Brisbane). We teach you how to write clearly and
succinctly, without sacrificing the accuracy of your topic. Our aim is to
assist science professionals to produce high quality documents and to
permanently improve their writing skills.

Open Workshops

We offer Open Workshops where staff can enrol individually.

-           Day 1: The Nuts & Bolts of Writing

-           Day 2: Writing Reports & Papers

-           Day 3: Writing Your Thesis (optional)

*Open Workshop Calendar*

-           Melbourne:       25th – 27th October 2011 (6 Places remaining)

-           Adelaide:         8th – 10th November 2011 BOOKINGS NOW CLOSED

-           Perth:              16th – 18th November 2011 (4 Places
remaining); NEW WORKSHOP 21st – 22nd November.

-           Brisbane:         13th – 15th December 2011

Cost: $330 per day (G.S.T Incl.) minus 10% for early bird, 3-day or group
registrations. Fees include workshop registration, editing of a sample of
your writing, detailed handouts, the Writing Clear Science exercise handbook
and resources; morning & afternoon tea.

Recent feedback from an Open Workshop in Sydney (March 2011)

-           ‘An excellent workshop. I gained a lot of valuable information.
The course was well presented by an enthusiastic trainer with outstanding
knowledge of the topic.’

-           'A difficult topic presented well. A no-nonsense approach that
is well structured and builds on itself over the two days. I got a great
deal out of this. Thank you.'

-           'A stimulating and challenging workshop. It was a wonderful
opportunity to meet and communicate with scientists from other disciplines.'

-           'Exactly what I felt I needed help with.'

-           'A well structured, interactive course that I would recommend to
anyone that is looking to improve their writing skills.'

*
*

*In-House Writing Workshops*

Writing Clear Science also offers In-House Writing Workshops that can be
held in your department, institution or facility. These workshops are
designed for staff and students from science-based industries,
consultancies, state and federal government science-based departments and
research institutions. We can offer a 1-3 day workshop that is tailored to
your needs. Rates are charged per enrolment.

For further information, including course details, please refer to our
website www.writingclearscience.com.au or contact Dr Marina Hurley:
0416-097-979; fax +61-3-9421-3472; info at writingclearscience.com.au

--
Dr Marina Hurley
Lecturer & Consultant

*info at writingclearscience.com.au
www.writingclearscience.com.au
marinahurley at gmail.com* (alternative email contact)
for thoughts and tips on science writing follow us on twitter *
@writingclearsci*
PLEASE NOTE: This message and any attachments may contain legally privileged
and confidential information and/or copyright material intended only for the
use of the addressee(s) named above.