[ASC-list] 2012 Science Communication Conference - UK - on IMPACT!

Jenni Metcalfe jenni at econnect.com.au
Mon Oct 24 23:28:10 UTC 2011

SCC e-lert2

The British Science Association is working in partnership with the
Wellcome Trust to organise the 2012 Science Communication Conference on
Monday 14 & Tuesday 15 May 2012 at Kings Place, London

The Conference addresses the key issues facing science communicators and
each year brings together 350 people involved in public engagement - a
diverse group of people from a broad range of backgrounds. It is a
fantastic opportunity to network, share ideas and good practice.

Call for Proposals

We have now opened a call for proposals to run sessions at the Science
Communication Conference.  Anyone can put in a proposal and submission
is by our online session proposal form
<http://www.britishscienceassociation.org/web/ScienceinSociety/ScienceCo
mmunicationConference/Call_for_proposals.htm> .

This year's Conference theme is 'Impact' which aims to discuss the
various ways to measure the impacts of public engagement activities as
well as how research scientists and engineers could consider the impact
agenda of their research.

We welcome proposals on any topic that debate, consider and celebrate
the diverse community of public engagement but particularly welcome
proposals on the theme of:

-impact

-cultural differences

-evaluation

-working with business

-working with volunteers

Before you submit

Before you submit we recommend you read the following information:

Information on session content and format ideas 2012 (pdf 68KB)
<file:///\\britishscienceassociation.org\public\Websites\www.britishscie
nceassociation.org\forms\scicomm\mediafellows\download\Guide_to_session_
proposal2012.pdf>

Guide to submitting proposals 2012 (pdf 62 KB)
<file:///\\britishscienceassociation.org\public\Websites\www.britishscie
nceassociation.org\forms\scicomm\mediafellows\download\Session_formats_a
nd_content_ideas2012.pdf>

Conference sessions are generally 60 to 75 minutes long and run in
parallel with other sessions. This allows for smaller group discussion
and better sharing of learning. We wish to encourage a range of formats
at the Conference.

If you are new to the Conference we also advise that you view the
programme and evaluation from previous Conferences
<http://www.britishscienceassociation.org/web/ScienceinSociety/ScienceCo
mmunicationConference/ConferenceArchive.htm>

The deadline for submissions is Friday 25 November 2011 and we will let
you know whether you have been successful by 16 December.

If you have any questions or would like to discuss your idea, please
email Science in Society Manager Monica Lobo on
Monica.lobo at britishscienceassociation.org 020 7019 4939 or Sue
Hordijenko on 0207  019 4927
sue.hordijenko at britishscienceassociation.org before the deadline.

If you would like to receive updates about the Conference then please
sign up to our e-lert list by emailing
events at britishscienceassociation.org with 'SCC e-lert' in the subject
line.  Save the date in your diaries and follow @SciCommConf on Twitter
for regular updates.

We look forward to seeing you in 2012!

Best Wishes,

The Science in Society Team

British Science Association

Amy Lothian

Science in Society Officer

British Science Association

Wellcome Wolfson Building

165 Queen's Gate

London SW7 5HD

T: +44 (0)20 7019 4938

F: +44 (0) 20 7581 6587

E: amy.lothian at britishscienceassociation.org

Website: http://www.britishscienceassociation.org

Twitter: @SciCommConf @thexchangeteam

Researchers! Find out more about opportunities in public engagement by
signing up for the 'Scientist in Society' e-lert!

Registered charity with the Charity Commission, no: 212479 and SCO39236

If this has been forwarded to you and you would like to receive updates
about the Conference then please sign up to our elert list by emailing
events at britishscienceassociation.org with 'SCC e-lert' in the subject
line.

If you would prefer not to receive any more elerts about the Science
Communication Conference, please email
events at britishscienceassociation.org with 'SCC unsubscribe' in the
subject line.

This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System on
behalf of