[ASC-list] Volunteer web editor sought for Red Cross - 4 hours per week

Meg.Rive at csiro.au Meg.Rive at csiro.au
Thu Sep 22 06:23:34 UTC 2011

Hi, all

The Red Cross is seeking a volunteer web editor for four hours a week (see below). You don't need to be a current Red Cross volunteer, but would need to go through the volunteer process (including a police check). I'm not sure if the position has to be based in Melbourne, or if it could be done from anywhere.

If interested, please contact Charmaine O'Brien at the Red Cross (cobrien at redcross.org.au, 03 8327 7822).

Cheers

Meg

---
We have a very interesting opportunity for a volunteer web editor (4 hrs per week). This role would allow the successful applicant to gain significant experience in managing a website for a large organisation (Red Cross). This  would look pretty impressive on a CV, as well as allowing that person to make a contribution to the work of Red Cross in supporting the recovery of emergency affected people and communities.

The applicant does not have to be a current Red Cross volunteer although they would have to go through the new volunteer process including a police check in order to undertake this role.

Emergency Services website
We're looking for volunteers to help people...via the internet! We need strong communicators to help update and promote our youth recovery website, After the emergency <http://www.redcross.org.au/aftertheemergency> . You'll find and create appropriate content as well as spread the word through social media channels. Based in North Melbourne, the role offers flexible hours, training and online publishing experience on an award-winning site. In return, you need to have great written skills, a keen eye for a good story and a desire to support people who've been through disasters. Visit the site now at www.redcross.org.au/aftertheemergency

Charmaine O'Brien

State Coordinator (Capacity Development), Emergency Services
23-47 Villiers Street North Melbourne VIC 3051
Tel +61 3 8327 7822 | Fax +61 3 8327 7821 | Email cobrien at redcross.org.au
www.redcross.org.au
---

Meg Rive | Energy Group Communication Manager | CSIRO | P +61 3 9545 8301 | M +61 438 007 301 | F +61 3 9562 8919 | www.csiro.au/energy | www.csiro.au/oceans | Box 312, Clayton South VIC 3169 Australia