[ASC-list] looking to borrow/purchase large Fresnel Lens on stand & stirling engine

Lisa Bailey LBailey at riaus.org.au
Tue Sep 27 02:55:29 UTC 2011

Hello ASCers,

I am looking to hire/borrow/purchase a large Fresnel lens on a stand and a stirling engine to use for two weeks in early October to demonstrate solar energy to school students and the general public.  I you have any information or ideas about where I can go to acquire either the lens or engine I would love to hear from you.  (The links below show what the objects look like.)

Thank you for any help you can give me.

Regards,

Lisa

http://www.instructables.com/id/Giant-Fresnel-Lens-Deathray-An-Experiment-in-Opti/