[ASC-list] looking to borrow/purchase large Fresnel Lens on stand & stirling engine

Charles Willock charlesw at cse.unsw.EDU.AU
Tue Sep 27 03:16:21 UTC 2011

Heya Lisa,

   A fun and impressive idea.  As a teen I aquired a searchlight mirror
   (about 0.9m diameter) and it was sufficiently well focussed to melt
   aluminium.

   Might be useful to locate a supply of welders goggles (from a local
   trade school?) for the audience because the focus point is way too
   bright to observe otherwise ... and that, after all, is where the
   action is.

HtH,
Charlesw