[ASC-list] looking to borrow/purchase large Fresnel Lens on stand & stirling engine

Rob Morrison rob.morrison at flinders.edu.au
Tue Sep 27 04:39:55 UTC 2011

Further to my offer of my large fresnel lens, I should have said that it is a glass one (ex searchlight). You can buy large flat plastic versions (I am not sure how big are the "readers" that they say they will give you if you can't read the new phone directory) but even if you have to buy them, I think that Officeworks or similar have them at about A4 size.  Even the little visiting card size will set fire to things - I have done so.
Rob
Dr Rob Morrison
rob.morrison at flinders.edu.au
Phone: (08) 8339 3790