[ASC-list] Request for research participants

Lamberts Rod rod.lamberts at anu.edu.au
Thu Sep 29 05:55:27 UTC 2011

Hi all,

One of our research students is seeking participants for an interesting and entertaining project. She would really appreciate a little help getting some volunteers.

Thanks in advance!
Rod

>> Hello,
>>
>> My name is Rashel, I am currently an MPhil student at the Australian National Centre for the Public Awareness of Science (CPAS) at ANU. I am writing to invite you to attend my focus group on the TV show "The Big Bang Theory". Below is a quick summary of my project:
>>
>> My study consists of conducting focus groups to observe the reactions of the audience towards the science of the American sitcom "The Big Bang Theory". For this study I need people from different academic backgrounds as well as different occupations in order to gather different information from a diverse population. As a requirement of this study, participants must have watched 50% of all the episodes from seasons 1 through 4. As a thank you for participating in my study, each participant will be offered either a Dendy cinema or Hoyts movie voucher upon completion of the focus group session. Participants must be present on the day of the focus group.
>>
>> If you would like to participate, please email me at rashel.li at anu.edu.au with the following information:
>>
>> 1) What is your academic background? (e.g., Ph.D. in Nuclear Physics, M. Finance)
>> 2) What is your main occupation? (e.g., student, administrator, sales, academic)
>>
>> I will then provide the available sessions to you as soon as possible. Please pass on the message to your friends and family.
>>
>> Thank you very much.
>> Warmest regards,
>>
>> Rashel Li
>
> --
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Rashel Li
> MPhil Candidate
> Australian National Centre for the Public Awareness of Science
> The Australian National University
> Canberra, Australia
>
> Ph: 6125 6149
> E-mail: rashel.li at anu.edu.au

Dr RG Lamberts
Deputy Director

Australian National Centre for Public Awareness of Science (CPAS)
A Centre for the National Commission of UNESCO

Office G10
Physics Link Building (#38a)
College of Physical and Mathematical Sciences
The Australian National University
Canberra ACT 0200

P: +61 2 6125 0747
F: +61 2 6125 8991