[ASC-list] Opera FTL neutrino experiment ?

John August john.august at mail.optusnet.com.au
Sun Apr 8 00:23:17 UTC 2012

Has anyone been watching this one more closely than me ?

I understand a cable to a computer was thought to be the source of an
approximately 100ns error in the original OPERA experiment.

The thing that would clinch it for me - that neutrinos really do travel
slower than the speed of light - is for the original OPERA group to
repeat the original experiment with the "right" cable connecting to the
computer.

Anyone aware of whether there any plans for this ?

Thanks,

--
325 CE - The first standards convention

John August, President, NSW Humanists - www.hsnsw.asn.au