[ASC-list] To conference or not to conference?

Jesse Shore jesse at prismaticsciences.com
Tue Apr 10 14:26:08 UTC 2012

Judging by 250 delegates a day, overwhelmingly positive feedback, the high
level of buzz and the intense twitter stream, the recent ASC national
conference was a great success. So when is the next one? Options are open
but we are currently exploring 2014 as it coincides with some significant
anniversaries.

We might need a 3 day-long event again to allow time cover a wide range of
topics and to have longer professional development sessions. But we welcome
views about running a 2 day long conference. Or we can have 2 days of issues
sessions followed by a workshop day.

Other options and formats have been floated by the success ASC2012. We may
not yet have resources to run a big gig every year but it might be good to
have some national attraction in-between the major biennial conferences.

What are your thoughts about the frequency and timing of ASC conferences?

Cheers,
Jesse

Jesse Shore

President, Australian Science Communicators

 <mailto:president at asc.asn.au> president at asc.asn.au

 <http://www.asc.asn.au/> http://www.asc.asn.au/