[ASC-list] Event organisers - help with evaluation of your event

Nancy Longnecker nancy.longnecker at uwa.edu.au
Mon Aug 6 14:04:21 UTC 2012

To Event Organisers

Do you want help evaluating your NSWk event? This is your opportunity to get valuable feedback about your event and to contribute to a national effort to develop more robust evidence of the impact of science engagement activities.

Use a tool developed for Inspiring Australia to get feedback for your event and contribute to our improved ability to document impact of science engagement across Australia.

We need responses from as many different events as possible. Your help and advice will allow further development of tools that can be used for different activities.

WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
•	Download the feedback survey from www.scienceweek.net.au/event-evaluation
•	CAREFULLY photocopy the survey, double-sided, with no marking on codes on corners. The survey responses will be scanned to enter the data. Careful alignment is essential in order to scan the survey responses.
•	Distribute surveys at your event.
•	Collect the surveys and put them into one envelope addressed to me. Include your return address and a note telling us the name and location of your event and the contact details of the event coordinator. Post the surveys directly to me at the address below.
•	Provide any feedback about the survey or feedback process to me either with your survey forms or separately.

WHAT WILL HAPPEN THEN?
Participant feedback will be summarized and provided to event coordinators. Specific feedback about your event, including what participants liked best and least, will be included in reports directly to you.

A summary of feedback for all events across Australia will be provided in reporting to Inspiring Australia. We will not identify specific events in reports to Inspiring Australia without your permission.

If you would like to discuss this, feel free to contact me.

Assoc Prof Nancy Longnecker
Science Communication
School of Animal Biology, M092
The University of Western Australia
35 Stirling Highway
Crawley, WA   6009

ph: 61 8 6488 3926
email: nancy.longnecker at uwa.edu.au
www.animals.uwa.edu.au/science-communication

CRICOS Provider No. 00126G

“Science is part of the reality of living; it is the what, the how, and the why of everything in our experience.” Rachel Carson (1952)