[ASC-list] Cafe Sci Darwin

Sarah-Jane Judge Sarah-Jane.Judge at newcastle.edu.au
Sun Aug 12 22:13:59 UTC 2012

Will you be in Darwin for National Science Week? If so come grab a drink
and join in a laid back discussion on all things Crocodilian at Darwin's
first ever Cafe Scientifique. "Where would Darwin be without its
Crocs?"
Ask this and all your other crocodile related questions to our guest
speakers including leading crocodile scientist Professor Grahame Webb.

18:30 - 20:30
Thursday 16th August
Shenannigans
69 Mitchell St
Darwin

Cafe Scientifique are events where, for the price of a cup of coffee or
a glass of wine, anyone can come to explore the latest ideas in science
and technology (www.cafescientifique.org (
http://www.cafescientifique.org/ ))

Our guest speakers will speak for approx 15 minutes each with the rest
of the time dedicated to Q and A and discussion. The floor will be open
to discuss all crocodilian related issues including their effect on the
ecology and economy of Darwin, public safety, farming, tourism and
culling.
This event, sponsored by National Science Week, is to be treated as a
pilot with a view to establishing a series of regular Café Sci in
Darwin. We will also be on the look out for volunteers to form a
committee to run future events.
Please feel free to get in touch with any questions.
Sarah-Jane Judge MSc.
School Liaison Officer, AIM HIGH Project Team
SMART Outreach Manager
SCIT2100 Tutor

sarah-jane.judge at newcastle.edu.au
02 49854380