[ASC-list] WA - ChemCentre Open Day, Saturday 25 August 2012

Sarah Lau SLau at chemcentre.wa.gov.au
Fri Aug 17 09:49:28 UTC 2012

ChemCentre is holding its annual Open Day in Bentley on Saturday 25
August 2012.

Join the team between 10am and 4pm for displays, activities, tours and
live demonstrations.

We will be posting information the full program and map on ChemCentre's
website next week, but already there are some exciting highlights,
including:

- Homebrew alcohol content testing - bring in your homebrew alcohol and
our chemists will tell you exactly how alcoholic it is

- Soil testing - bring in a sample of your soil and our scientists will
perform some basic soil health tests

- Emergency response and clandestine drug laboratory response
demonstrations

- ChemCentre's 'Explosive Science' show

- Fairy floss and liquid nitrogen ice cream

Best of all, these activities and many more are free! So join ChemCentre
for a day of curious chemistry and sensational science!

Parking is free on the day and we welcome visitors of all ages.

To go into the running to win a Kindle or one of three ChemCentre prize
packs, let us know you're coming on Facebook here:
https://www.facebook.com/#!/events/269586603146994/ and check your name
at our visitor desk on the day to go into the draw.

More information will be posted at http://bit.ly/RYsGqH in the coming
week.

Sarah Lau [slau at chemcentre.wa.gov.au]

Media and Communications Coordinator

ChemCentre

Post: PO Box 1250, Bentley Delivery Centre WA 6983

Location: Cnr Manning Road and Townsing Dr, BENTLEY WA 6102

T +61 8 9422 9823

F +61 8 9422 9801

M +61 414 507 739

www.chemcentre.wa.gov.au <http://www.chemcentre.wa.gov.au>