[ASC-list] A sad day for science reporting in Australia

Regan Forrest regan at reganforrest.com
Tue Aug 28 06:19:27 UTC 2012

On 2012-08-28 16:43, Toss Gascoigne wrote:
> So - no place at Australia's only national general newspaper for a
> science writer?
>
> It's like the _Republican War on Science_ has spread to Australia,
> where conservatives either ignore science or rely on bad science to
> justify their stance.
>
> Says heaps about the Oz as a paper .... you're better off out of it,
> Leigh.

Whereas I'm not one to defend the editorial line of the Australian, it
may be hasty to view this development through a political lens rather
than an economic one. The newspaper business model is in its death
throes and journalists of all types are losing their jobs.

Wishing Leigh speedy passage to greener pastures!

Regan

--
Regan Forrest

regan at reganforrest.com