[ASC-list] TEDx and bad science

Van Tiel, Michael Michaelv at PHM.GOV.AU
Tue Dec 11 05:49:04 UTC 2012

Hi All,

I was following this discussion on another list and thought it might be of interest.

I know there are a few ASC members who are TEDx presenters and involved in that community.

TEDx recently sent out an email regarding their view on bad science/pseudoscience talks at TEDx events.

You can read it here:

http://blog.tedx.com/post/37405280671/a-letter-to-the-tedx-community-on-tedx-and-bad-science

I think it provides a set of easy to understand guidelines for event organisers.

Something similar would make a good ASC fact sheet for the general community!

Cheers

Michael

[cid:phmemailfooter8d0aec]Michael Van Tiel
Actg. Manager,
Family & Community Experiences
Powerhouse Museum
500 Harris Street, Ultimo, Sydney, NSW 2007 Australia
T +61 2 92170314
W http://www.powerhousemuseum.com

Disclaimer added by CodeTwo Exchange Rules 2010
www.codetwo.com<http://www.codetwo.com/?sts=1048>

This email plus any attachments to it are confidential and may be privileged. Any unauthorised use is strictly prohibited. If you receive this email in error, please delete it and any attachments.