[ASC-list] Susan Greenfield: Fifty shades of grey matter (podcast)

Dyani Lewis dyanilewis at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 02:46:37 UTC 2012

The latest podcast from Up Close is now available.

"Susan Greenfield: Fifty shades of grey matter"

Neuroscientist and synaptic pharmacologist Prof Baroness Susan Greenfield
discusses how neuroscience sheds light on our understanding of
consciousness. Presented by Dr Shane Huntington.

"My group call them neuronal assemblies. We'll define an assembly of brain
cells of neurons as large scale coalitions of brain cells. Sometimes 10 or
even 100 million brain cells. This is somehow corralled up; that somehow
work together in a very fast timeframe, less than a second." -- Prof
Baroness Susan Greenfield

Check out our other science (and humanities) episodes at
upclose.unimelb.edu.au

Happy listening!

Dyani Lewis, PhD
Associate Producer, Science and Technology
email: dlewis at unimelb.edu.au