[ASC-list] Fwd: Sci Comm careers: Science Degree + ? // Is it worth doing a general graduate communicaitons diploma?

Kali Madden office at asc.asn.au
Thu Feb 2 02:54:18 UTC 2012

Hi ASC-Listers,

>From time to time we have people seeking study and career advice as they
have decided they want to become a science communicator.

This sort of information is often obtained by speaking to people who've
done it already, whether at local branch events or a national event with
sessions like: "Science Communication is what I want to do, now what?" *

So, apart from joining the ASC and becoming involved with local and
national events, what would you recommend for those who wish to know how to
navigate their way in to a Science Communication career?

We have an inquiry below from Tessa who wonders whether further general
communications study on top of her existing science degree would support
her aims.

Thoughts? Feedback? Suggestions?

Cheers,

Kali