[ASC-list] Fwd: Sci Comm careers: Science Degree + ? // Is it worth doing a general graduate communicaitons diploma?

Regan Forrest regan at reganforrest.com
Thu Feb 2 03:02:20 UTC 2012

Hi Kali,

Particularly given a zoology background, I'd be tempted to suggest
Tessa looks into courses that include interpretation training with a
natural sciences leaning. These are often geared towards Parks and
Wildlife people, but the skills are transferable and probably will have
more resonance than a generic comms course.

I think Deakin runs a cultural heritage management course that might
have course units that fit the bill.

Interpretation (particularly of natural heritage) and Science
Communication have much in common - but we each seem to have created our
own silos such that we are often not aware of what each other is doing!

(Full disclosure - I'm Vice President of Interpretation Australia
www.interpretationaustralia.asn.au)

Best wishes,

Regan

--