[ASC-list] Seeking Melb-based narrator with a scientific vocabulary for audiobook narration

Anneliese Gillard gillaan at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 03:00:37 UTC 2012

Hi all,

As part of my day job, I work at a Melbourne-based audiobook company (Bolinda
Audio <http://www.bolinda.com>) who are in the process of recording a
number of books entitled "Beginners Guides".   Many of these touch on
scientific topics, some more heavily than others,  and our production team
have been having trouble finding anyone amidst our usual narrator pool
who's comfortable with paragraphs composed of sentences such as "A Punnett
square shows more graphically how we get the phenotypic ratio of 3:1 and
the genotypic ratio of one homozygous dominant to two heterozygotes to one
homozygous recessive".  Comfortable particularly not just in pronouncing
the science jargon but to liven up the book and engage the listener!

If this sounds like you or someone you know, please get in contact ASAP.
You can reach our production executive Beau at beau at bolinda.com, also CC'd
above.  Ideally we'd be after someone available in forthcoming weeks who
could attend our Tullamarine-based studios for recording.

Cheers,

Anneliese Gillard