[ASC-list] Science Communicators / Writers / Teachers - Casual Paid Work for January and February ... Start Now!

Sally Miles sally at sallymiles.com.au
Wed Jan 11 06:30:52 UTC 2012

Hi Everyone,

IntoScience is an internet based education company creating cutting edge online science learning resources. We are looking for people to help us create exciting and educational science content for school students.

We want fun, quirky and provocative science content written which makes science fun! The work will follow the Australian Curriculum and cover K-12 year levels across all sciences. Right now, we need Primary School level content written in particular.

If you know of any teachers or writers who are knowledgeable in science and might have some spare time for some casual paid work, we would love to hear from them.

It's just for the next 6 weeks or so - hourly rate is $25/hr and you can work anytime (day or night) from anywhere with an internet connection.

Applicants can simply send details and CV to sally.miles at intoscience.com<mailto:sally.miles at intoscience.com> to get the ball rolling. A brief job description is below...

Please forward this information on to anyone you think might be interested.

Many thanks,
Sally

Sally Miles
Content Editor
IntoScience

Mobile  +61 (0) 404 477 133
Office   +61 (0) 2 9922 7001
Email    sally.miles at intoscience.com<mailto:sally.miles at intoscience.com>

JOB DESCRIPTION: INTOSCIENCE CONTENT WRITERS

The position will involve writing a range of quirky and fun science questions from reliable sources.

The ideal applicant will:

* have experience as a science communicator, science writer or a science teacher
* be a self starter who can use their initiative to find interesting questions
* have a strong knowledge of science - an education in science would be ideal
* have some experience in an educational environment (perhaps a former teacher)
* be confident with the Internet and using content management systems (Wordpress)
* ideally be familiar with the Australian Curriculum
* be enthusiastic and passionate about science communication

This is a contract position that can be done from any location, applicants will require their own computer and internet connection.
Contact Sally Miles, Content Editor on 0404 477 133 or email sally.miles at intoscience.com<mailto:sally.miles at intoscience.com>.