[ASC-list] Biohacking in Australia

Jason Major jmajor at unimelb.edu.au
Wed Jan 18 05:21:20 UTC 2012

Hi ASCers

I have a journalist writing a story on biohacking - ie DIY biotech, Backyard Biotech, etc. He is chasing a biohacker in Australia, one that is actively involved rather than passively observing. If you want to know more about what biohacking is, I wrote a blog post about it here
http://technyou.edu.au/2012/01/backyard-biotech-and-the-rise-of-the-biohacker/

If anyone knows of someone who fits the bill of a biohacker and thinks they wouldn't mind having a chat to a journo about their hobby can you let me know. There appears a large-ish group in the US, but so if any exist in Australia, they seem to be operating as lone rangers without any active support groups, at least as far as I can find.

Any help greatly appreciated

Regards

Jason

Jason Major
Manager
TechNyou
www.technyou.edu.au<http://www.technyou.edu.au>
1800 631 276
Twitter: @technyou
Facebook: www.facebook/talkingtechnology

Location: Bio21 Institute, 30 Flemington Road, Parkville, 3010
Postal: PO Box 4455, University of Melbourne, Parkville, 3052