[ASC-list] Science in demand this year

Niall Byrne niall at scienceinpublic.com.au
Thu Jan 19 03:58:27 UTC 2012

An interesting discussion. But are you all seeing the glass as half empty?

Science is the most popular course at UniMelb. Arts is second. Biomedical courses are third.

If these trends are being repeated at other Group of Eights (hopefully none of whom are teaching iridology) then there has to be at least a glimmer of good news.

BTW I should note that my numbers were sourced from VTAC and include everyone, not just first preferences.

Melbourne's first preference numbers are on the web here... http://newsroom.melbourne.edu/news/n-735

And I understand that they have not taken up the government offer for more places.

Niall

Niall Byrne

Creative Director
Science in Public