[ASC-list] Brisbane event - the cult of negativity

Jayne Keane jayne.keane at qm.qld.gov.au
Mon Jul 9 04:53:38 UTC 2012

We have some brilliant panellists to help us explore the phenomenon which opinion polls, politicians and the media suggest is gripping our nation: the cult of negativity:

ABC radio broadcaster Kelly Higgins-Divine

Greens Senator Larissa Waters

Political commentator Dr Paul Williams

When did our leaders stop knowing how to lead? When did we stop giving them the respect and authority to lead well? When did we stop being the nation of "fair go" and "she'll be right", and become a nation of Hanrahans? When Australia is one of the wealthiest countries in the world, why do so many of us feel we're struggling? And how do we rewrite the story to make a happy ending?

When: Monday, 30 July; 6pm - 8pm

Where: Bleeding Heart Gallery and Café, 166 Ann Street, Brisbane CBD

Cost: $20 including GST (FREE for Brisbane Institute subscribers)

******************* Disclaimer *******************
The contents of this electronic message and any attachments are intended only for the addressee and may contain privileged or confidential information.
They may only be used for the purposes for which they were supplied.
If you are not the addressee, you are notified that any transmission, distribution, downloading, printing or photocopying of the contents of this message
or attachments is strictly prohibited.
The privilege of confidentiality attached to this message and attachments is not waived, lost or destroyed by reason of mistaken delivery to you.
If you receive this message in error please notify the sender by return e-mail or telephone.
Please note: the Queensland Museum carries out automatic software scanning, filtering and blocking of E-mails and
attachments (including emails of a personal nature) for detection of viruses, malicious code, SPAM, executable programs or content it deems unacceptable.
All reasonable precautions will be taken to respect the privacy of individuals as outlined in the QM Privacy Plan.
Personal information will only be used for official purposes, e.g. monitoring Departmental Personnel's compliance with Museum Policies.
Personal information will not be divulged or disclosed to others, unless as required by Museum Policy and/or State or Commonwealth Law.