[ASC-list] Forever Young - free public lecture on the science of ageing this Wednesday 18 July

Niall Byrne niall at scienceinpublic.com.au
Mon Jul 16 03:04:27 UTC 2012

Dear ASCers,

I'm writing to invite you to the Graeme Clark Oration this Wednesday 18 July 2012.

The Oration features Professor Dame Linda Partridge, Director of the Institute of Healthy Ageing at University College London, and founding director of the Max Planck Institute for Biology of Ageing in Cologne.

She will speak on her vision of an era in which we all stay young by taking a pill that reduces the impact of ageing. She's not promising immortality, rather she's working toward a future in which we age gracefully - healthy, happy and active until the end.

The Oration is at 5.30 pm for a 6.15 pm start in the Plenary Theatre at the Melbourne Convention Centre, South Wharf.

For more information, to register, or to follow the webcast go to  www.graemeclarkoration.org.au<http://www.graemeclarkoration.org.au>

Kind regards,

Niall

________

Niall Byrne

Creative Director
Science in Public

82 Hudsons Road, Spotswood  Vic  3015
(PO Box 2076 Spotswood VIC 3015)
03 9398-1416, 03 9078-5398, 0417 131 977

Twitter scienceinpublic
www.scienceinpublic.com.au<http://www.scienceinpublic.com.au/>