[ASC-list] brisbane AIBN seminar

Jayne Keane jayne.keane at qm.qld.gov.au
Tue Jul 24 06:45:08 UTC 2012

AIBN Special Seminar:

Presenter:

Dr Sandrine Henri, Centre d’Immunologie de Marseille-Luminy, Université de la Méditerranée, Marseille, France

Title:

Disentangling DC and macrophage subsets within dermis: from phenotype to function

Wednesday 25 July 2012

Time:

11:00am

Venue:

AIBN Level 1 Seminar Room

Abstract:  Using knock-in mice (Lang-EGFP-DTR) to track and ablate DCs expressing langerin (CD207) and a combination of three markers, namely CD207, CD11b and CD103, we recently disentangled the dermal DC complexity which contains the following five distinct DC subsets: mLCs, CD207+ CD103-, CD207+ CD103+, CD207- CD11b- and CD207- CD11b+. We also identified their migratory counterparts in draining lymph nodes.

Using the K5.mOVA model in which membrane OVA (mOVA) is expressed in skin keratinocytes and in the outer root sheath of hair follicle, we demonstrated that the quantitatively minor CD207+ CD103+ DDC subset was endowed with the unique capability of cross-presenting antigens expressed by keratinocytes irrespective of the presence of LCs. Using the ALDH assay, we also showed that CD207- CD11b+ DDC subset were uniquely producing retinoic acid and were potent inducers of FoxP3+  dermal subset was heterogeneous, we used a panel of markers and appropriate BM competitive chimera, and validated specific markers allowing us to discriminate monocytes CD11bTregs. As we had evidences that the CD207 derived macrophages from pre-DC-derived CD11b+. Those macrophages are CD64int to high Ly6Clow to high, are CCR2 dependent and showed a low turn over upon BrdU treatment. At steady state, they barely migrate to the CLN but upon inflammation triggering with DNFB they migrate to the draining LN and induce Th1 response. An extensive study allowed us to distinguish different subsets of macrophages within the dermis and we are currently analysing their respective gene expression profile by microarray procedures. We believe that for the first time we provide the finest cartography of DC and macrophage subsets within the skin. As a consequence, vaccine strategy, targeting the skin, will benefit from this recent knowledge. The gene expression analysis of all those subsets will allow us to design new innovative mouse model to further study their respective immune functions in primary and secondary immune responses.

******************* Disclaimer *******************
The contents of this electronic message and any attachments are intended only for the addressee and may contain privileged or confidential information.
They may only be used for the purposes for which they were supplied.
If you are not the addressee, you are notified that any transmission, distribution, downloading, printing or photocopying of the contents of this message
or attachments is strictly prohibited.
The privilege of confidentiality attached to this message and attachments is not waived, lost or destroyed by reason of mistaken delivery to you.
If you receive this message in error please notify the sender by return e-mail or telephone.
Please note: the Queensland Museum carries out automatic software scanning, filtering and blocking of E-mails and
attachments (including emails of a personal nature) for detection of viruses, malicious code, SPAM, executable programs or content it deems unacceptable.
All reasonable precautions will be taken to respect the privacy of individuals as outlined in the QM Privacy Plan.
Personal information will only be used for official purposes, e.g. monitoring Departmental Personnel's compliance with Museum Policies.
Personal information will not be divulged or disclosed to others, unless as required by Museum Policy and/or State or Commonwealth Law.