[ASC-list] postgraduate research at UWA: Mid-Year APA Scholarship Round is Open
nancy.longnecker at uwa.edu.au
Wed Jun 6 02:20:29 UTC 2012
RESEARCH OPPORTUNITIES AT UWA
In partnership with organisations such as Scitech, Perth Zoo, Gravity Discovery Centre and Earthwatch, Science Communication academics and students at UWA work together with professional science communicators to improve effectiveness of science education and outreach experiences.
The research program in Science Communication welcomes collaboration and offers exciting opportunities at Honours, Masters, PhD and Postdoctoral level.
Our research aims to improve effectiveness of science engagement and communication about scientific information. It is divided into four main areas:
• informal science education,
• volunteering and citizen science,
• teaching science communication and
• impact of communication on public attitudes and policy development and implementation
Are you interested in joining an active research team of eight PhD students and five MSc students? Consider applying for a UWA scholarship (see scholarship information below). If you would like more information about specific project opportunities, contact me.
UWA SCHOLARSHIP ROUND
The Mid-Year round for Australian Postgraduate Awards and UWA Safety Net Top-Up Scholarship applications is now open from Friday 1st June and will close on Friday, 13th July 2012. This round is for domestic PhD, other RTS Doctoral and Masters by Research applicants for commencement in Semester 2 2012.
The Mid-Year round is particularly aimed at students who have recently completed Honours degrees and other qualifications, and who are keen to commence research in 2012. It is not for current Honours students who will complete at the end of 2012, or for otherapplicants wishing to commence in 2013.
Further information and access to the online iAthena application form is through the webpage<http://www.scholarships.uwa.edu.au/search?sc_view=1&id=341&page=1&q=Australian+Postgraduate+Award&s=1&old_key=0> and clicking on the How to apply link
This round also includes the following postgraduate research scholarships with specific selection criteria:
· Indigenous Postgraduate Research Top-Up Scholarships
· Theresa Symons Top-Up Scholarship in Philosophy for research in Philosophy
· BHP Billiton Postgraduate Research Scholarships for research in economic, business or management issues relevant to the resources sector.
· Bruce and Betty Green Top-Up Scholarships (Mathematics or Science)
· Hunka Scholarships for research in Mechanical Engineering
· Lloyd’s Register Educational Trust PhD Top-Up Scholarships for research in Offshore Geomechanics
· LT Thean Medical Research Top-Up Scholarship for research in a field related to haemotology or blood relateddisorders
· Jock and Marjorie Hetherington Scholarship for brain diseases and central nervous system treatments
Applications are encouraged from graduates of UWA and other Universities.
Kind regards, Nancy
Assoc Prof Nancy Longnecker
Coordinator, Science Communication Program
School of Animal Biology, M092
The University of Western Australia
35 Stirling Highway
Crawley, WA 6009
CRICOS Provider 0126G
ph: 61 8 6488 3926
email: nancy.longnecker at uwa.edu.au
“Science is part of the reality of living; it is the what, the how, and the why of everything in our experience.” Rachel Carson (1952)
More information about the ASC-list