[ASC-list] Sponsorship for young ag scientists

Cathy Reade creade at squirrel.com.au
Sun Jun 24 04:14:28 UTC 2012

Sponsorship for young Australian agricultural scientists

THE SCRAMBLE FOR NATURAL RESOURCES:

More Food, Less Land?

Crawford Fund 2012 Annual Development Conference,

Parliament House, Canberra

9 and 10 October 2012

The Crawford Fund (www.crawfordfund.org <http://www.crawfordfund.org/> ) is
an Australian not-for-profit organisation that exists to promote research
and development for world food security. We are offering awards of up to
$1000 to assist young Australian agricultural scientists to attend the 2012
Crawford Fund conference, entitled The Scramble for Natural Resources: More
Food, Less Land?  It will focus on the dynamic interactions between a range
of competing uses for land and natural resources, while addressing the need
to feed the world's growing population in the face of the constraints and
challenges of climate change. In addition to the travel, accommodation and
conference attendance, we arrange for some special briefings to provide
background on options for careers in international agricultural research and
development. More information is available at
http://www.crawfordfund.org/conference/conf2012.html

Feel free to contact me with queries (-:

Cathy Reade
Director, Public Affairs and Communication
Crawford Fund
Ph/Fax: +61 7 54483095
Mobile: +61 413 575 934

Skype: Cathy.Reade
Web:  <http://www.crawfordfund.org> www.crawfordfund.org

Twitter: @CrawfordFund

The Crawford Fund's mission is to increase Australia's engagement in
international agricultural research, development and education for the
benefit of developing countries and Australia.