[ASC-list] In Reply to Suburban Spying [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]

Kali Madden office at asc.asn.au
Thu Jun 28 05:37:19 UTC 2012

And a little more on filter bubbles and tracking the trackers if your
curiosity has been aroused.....

The filter bubble:

"Some companies are already using their knowledge about you to determine
what you see on the sites they're affiliated with—not just the ads you see,
but the actual content you read. Eli Pariser examines what this could mean
for society at large in his book *The Filter Bubble*. Watch Eli's TED talk
on the Filter Bubble
here<http://www.ted.com/talks/eli_pariser_beware_online_filter_bubbles.html>."

http://www.ted.com/talks/eli_pariser_beware_online_filter_bubbles.html

Tracking the trackers using your browser:

from: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/collusion/demo/

from: http://www.ted.com/talks/gary_kovacs_tracking_the_trackers.html