[ASC-list] Registrations now open for I'm A Scientist, Get Me Out of Here! (Australia)

Kristin Alford kristin at bridge8.com.au
Mon Mar 5 08:14:23 UTC 2012

If only scientists could better communicate their work. If only students
could better understand the processes of science, and could see the
diversity of science careers.

Sound familiar? Last year, our Australian pilot of I'm a Scientist, Get Me
Out of Here! supported by DIISRTE and DFEEST (SA) engaged 15 scientists with
over 900 secondary school students across the country. At the end of two
weeks of online madness, Upulie Divisekera, Kate Patterson and Aimee Parker
were crowned zone winners as voted by students and everyone had learnt a lot
about science and science communication in the process.

We have now opened registrations for scientists (
http://imascientist.org.au/scientists/) and schools/teachers (
http://imascientist.org.au/scientists/) for our next event which will take
place from 14th - 25th May. For further information about the event or
sponsorship, contact me (Kristin) at admin at imascientist.org.au.

Please spread the word!

Kind regards,
Kristin