[ASC-list] Science Outreach vs Marketing

Jason Major jmajor at unimelb.edu.au
Tue Mar 13 22:58:49 UTC 2012

Actually Elizabeth - just to clarify -  nothing about what I (TechNyou) do has the purpose of changing people's attitudes or behaviour. My sole objective/goal is to engage in a dialogue, conversation if you like, about emerging technologies, the science behind them, the potential applications of that science and technology and the societal issues that come with it. What people think at the end is of no consequence to me or the objectives of TechNyou. However, if I get them to think, reason, critique information and engage in a discussion then I consider I have done my job.

Jason

Jason Major
Manager
TechNyou