[ASC-list] Science Outreach vs Marketing

Mick Moylan mmoylan at unimelb.edu.au
Wed Mar 14 05:02:56 UTC 2012

Hi ASC

In my work, I'm marketing the discipline of chemistry and I'm also marketing my employer.

I market the discipline through my outreach work – give students good experiences so that they'll come back for more. I think that my outreach is a more subtle form of marketing, but it's impossible to separate the two of them.

Mick.

--
Mick Moylan
Chemistry Outreach Fellow
mmoylan at unimelb.edu.au
www.chemistry.unimelb.edu.au/outreach
--
To get the latest news on chemistry outreach or RACI(Vic) Education events, sign up for our newsletter.
Send a plain text email to mailserv at unimelb.edu.au<mailto:mailserv at unimelb.edu.au> with subscribe chemistry-connections in the email body.