[ASC-list] New job going at the AusSMC

Susannah Eliott Susannah at smc.org.au
Tue May 1 08:11:37 UTC 2012

Dear ASCers,
The AusSMC has a media officer vacancy in Adelaide. Please see details below and apply to jobs at smc.org.au by 16 May if you're interested.
Best wishes,   Susannah
Susannah Eliott, Australian Science Media Centre
Vacancy at the AusSMC
The Australian Science Media Centre (AusSMC) is a national, independent, not-for-profit service for journalists, working to improve links between the news media and the scientific community. We aim for a better informed society with greater access to evidence-based science. The Centre is based at The Science Exchange in Adelaide.
Senior Media Officer
Full time (1 year contract with possibility of extension)
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the team. We are looking for a Senior Media Officer with a passion for news and science to help us make, break and react to some of the biggest science stories in the media. This is not a role for the faint-hearted - but if you can work with a calm head when things are busy and you enjoy a challenge then this job is for you.
We are looking for someone with at least three years' experience working in science communication and a science or journalism degree. The position requires some out of normal business hours work and interstate travel.
A full job description is available here<http://www.smc.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/2012-Senior-Media-officer-Job-Spec-final.pdf>
Apply by email<mailto:jobs at smc.org.au> with a CV and covering letter by 4pm Adelaide time on Wednesday 16 May 2012.