[ASC-list] Book launch and book review - Qbits - The Perseids Adventure by Peter Fitzgerald

Jesse Shore jesse at prismaticsciences.com
Wed May 9 08:11:36 UTC 2012

To Peter and ASC-list readers,

The ASC has recently started encouraging members to write book reviews for
Scope and our website. This is partly to let the members know about books
(especially by Australian authors) related in some way to science
communication. Its other purpose is to provide the reviewer with a
publishing credit for their cv. This is especially useful for freelance
people, students and anyone wanting to raise their profile. There is also
potential for reviews to be referenced by the publisher and booksellers,
which spreads the writer’s name further.

I suggested to Peter that he ask ASC members to offer to review his new book
for Scope. I read his free first chapter and thought that his writing would
be of interest to teenagers.

I welcome Peter’s first message to the ASC-list as a stimulant for us to
consider how to engage teenagers with stories that have a science angle
(whether in a fictional or factual framework). This is why I advised Peter
to post his book launch notice to the ASC list rather than the Media list.

I hope that some members will take up Peter’s offer to review his book for
the ASC.

Cheers,
Jesse

Jesse Shore

President, Australian Science Communicators

 <mailto:president at asc.asn.au> president at asc.asn.au

 <http://www.asc.asn.au/> http://www.asc.asn.au/