[ASC-list] ASC Vic - AGM Tues 22 May

Ian Muchamore ian at imthinking.com.au
Sun May 13 23:42:31 UTC 2012

Are you an ASC member based in Victoria?

The AGM of the Victorian branch of ASC will be held on Tuesday 22 May including elections to the new committee. Nominations are open and the current committee is encouraging interest from ASC members who would like to get involved in shaping and leading activities and events.

The AGM will be followed by an interactive session forming part of the "Big Snapshot of Science Communication".

***Please register at http://scicomm-victoria.eventbrite.com.au if plan to attend***

Further Details

6.00pm-6.45pm ASC Victoria AGM
• ASC Members only.
• Nominations for positions on the ASC Victoria Committee are open.
• The Committee encourages new applications from ASC members who would like to get involved in shaping and leading activities and events.

7.00pm-8.30pm The Big Snapshot of Australian Science Engagement
• Welcome to all science communicators.
• How are we engaging people with science in in Australia, and how do we do it better?
• The ASC with Bridge8 and Econnect are creating a high definition picture of Australian science engagement.
• This is your chance to contribute right at the start.
• The new project is funded by the Australian government's Inspiring Australia Strategy to gather information about the who, what, where, when, why and how we communicate science.
• It will be a fast paced session, led by Kristin Alford, Founding Director of Bridge8.
• Your input and ideas will help shape a forthcoming national survey of science engagement activities.

This event is kindly hosted by Melbourne's Embiggen Books,197-203 Little Lonsdale Street, Melbourne 3000.

http://www.asc.asn.au/state-and-national/victoria/shape-future/