[ASC-list] (Sydney) Engineering History Cycle Tour and Pirate Party 26th

John August john.august at mail.optusnet.com.au
Tue May 15 04:56:21 UTC 2012

Hi Everyone,

Engineering Heritage Cycling Tour
---------------------------------

In conjunction with ArtCycle, I'll be running a cycling tour of some
historical engineering landmarks around the Sydney CBD.  Meeting this
Sunday, 10am at the War Memorial in Hyde Park (near the pool).

You can hook up via the meetup group website :

http://www.meetup.com/Art-Cycle-Sydney/events/62723412/

Or, you can also email me.

David W. Campbell, President of the Pirate Party - Tuesday 29th

6.30 for 7pm, Humanist House, 10 Shepherd Street Chippendale.

( The City of Sydney RSL is booked this night, so we're at Humanist
House.  We'll being going for dinner ot the Landsdowne afterwards )

David Campbell, President of the Pirate Party of Australia, reports on
Intellectual Property and how it affects us - from copyright and the
internet, the attempt to redefine civil interactions as crimes, and also
patents on Genes, something in the media at present.

Importantly, our freedoms are being limited through international
agreement like the Trans-Pacific Partnership Agreement, SOPA, ACTA and
so on - and are passed at closed meeting, far removed from public
scrutiny. Not to mention narky things like copyright being extended
to protect the interests of Disney.

David will also outline the policies of the Pirate Party, where it came
from and its objectives.

Admission $3

See www.sydneyshove.org ( some access problem atm, but check google cache )

Skepticamp