[ASC-list] Shape the future of science communication in WA and Australia

Sarah Lau SLau at chemcentre.wa.gov.au
Thu May 17 10:27:21 UTC 2012

Join the WA branch of Australian Science Communicators to catch up on
the latest developments in science communication in Australia and help
shape the future of science engagement across the country.

When: Monday 28 May, 6.00pm

Where: Perth Zoo, Labouchere Road, South Perth

Entry: Free. Refreshments provided

RSVP: http://bigsnapshotwa.eventbrite.com/

This event includes:

*	The ASC-WA AGM
*	The Big Snapshot of Australian Science Engagement - WA event

If you can't make it, there is an opportunity to get involved via an
online survey, which will be posted on the ASC e-list.

6.00pm-6.45pm ASC WA AGM: Get involved and shape our community

Nominations for positions on the WA Branch Committee are open. Positions
will be elected during the AGM.

We are seeking anyone involved with science communication to join the
Committee and help support the dynamic science communication scene in
WA.

Email e.donnelly at curtin.edu.au or slau at chemcentre.wa.gov.au to express
your interest or learn more about the offices.

7.00pm-8.30pm The Big Snapshot of Australian Science Engagement

How are we engaging people with science in Australia, and how do we do
it better?

The ASC with Bridge8 and Econnect are creating a high definition picture
of Australian science engagement. This is your chance to contribute
right at the start.

The new project is funded by the Australian government's Inspiring
Australia Strategy to gather information about the who, what, where,
when, why and how we communicate science.

It will be a fast paced session, led by Kristin Alford, Founding
Director of Bridge8. Your input and ideas will help shape a forthcoming
national survey of science engagement activities.

This event is generously supported by Perth Zoo.

Learn more about the nation-wide Inspiring Australia 'Big Snapshot of
Science Engagement' project here:
http://www.asc.asn.au/blog/2012/04/30/the-biggest-snapshot-of-science-en
gagement-in-australia/

http://bigsnapshotwa.eventbrite.com/

Sarah Lau [slau at chemcentre.wa.gov.au]

Media and Communications Coordinator

ChemCentre

Post: PO Box 1250, Bentley Delivery Centre WA 6983

Location: Cnr Manning Road and South Entrance of Curtin University,
BENTLEY WA 6102

T +61 8 9422 9823

F +61 8 9422 9801

M +61 414 507 739