[ASC-list] Get your science in front of journos; "Forever Young", lecture on the science of ageing; the sound of breaking glass

Niall Byrne niall at scienceinpublic.com.au
Fri May 18 00:42:07 UTC 2012

Dear ASC-ers,

Do you know any exceptional early career researchers with peer reviewed papers and potential to be a media star?

If so, consider nominating them for Fresh Science - a competition where we teach the winners how to talk to journalists, school students, industry and government.

Also coming up:

·        We're gathering stories for the latest edition of Stories of Australian Science, a chance to put your research and researchers in front of thousands of journalists and decision makers. You can view our previous storybooks online here: www.scienceinpublic.com/stories<http://www.scienceinpublic.com/stories>.

·        The 4th Graeme Clark Oration - Forever Young: growing old gracefully with science - delivered by Dame Linda Partridge in Melbourne, Wed 18 July. Dame Linda imagines a future in which we all stay young by taking a pill that reduces the impact of ageing. She's not promising immortality, rather she's working toward a future in which we age gracefully - healthy, happy and active until the end.

·        Kelly O'Dwyer, Federal member for Higgins and Amanda Rishworth, Federal Member for Kingston, have set up a woman in science parliamentary friendship group. The first event, a cocktail reception, will take place on Wednesday 20 June at Parliament House. Nobel Prize winner and 2008 L'Oréal-UNESCO Laureate Elizabeth Blackburn will be the keynote speaker.

There's more on all of the above - and other science prizes/events - in our latest bulletin. You can read it online at www.scienceinpublic.com.au<http://www.scienceinpublic.com.au>.

Kind regards,

Niall

________

Niall Byrne

Science in Public

82 Hudsons Road (PO Box 2076), Spotswood  Vic  3015

Niall's mobile: 0417 131 977

Twitter scienceinpublic
Full contact details at www.scienceinpublic.com.au<http://www.scienceinpublic.com.au/>